http://www.mindanews.com/top-stories/2014/02/14/over-1000-families-displaced-in-zambo-standoff-move-to-temporary-shelters/ ZAMBOANGA CITY (MindaNews/14 February) – A total of 1,056 families or 5,774 individuals displaced during the standoff between government forces and the Moro National Liberation Front-Misuari faction last year have been transferred to temporary shelters, officials said.
MILF pins hope for peace on Quevedo COTABATO CITY—The Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) on Thursday urged Mindanao’s first cardinal, Orlando Quevedo, to use his clout as a respected religious leader and peace broker to promote the peace process between … Continue reading
ARMM investments reach P1.4B, up by 157% in 2013 MANILA, Philippines – The continuing peace talks between the government and a group of Moro insurgents has appeared to convince investors to place their stakes in the Autonomous Region in Muslim … Continue reading
Quevedo: Mindanao’s first cardinal MANILA, Philippines – He says the Moro point-of-view “altered” his Christian perspective. He believes “the root cause of insurgency in the South is injustice.” And he demands respect for Muslims. By Paterno Esmaquel II, Rappler, January … Continue reading